Updated: October 21, 2016
Trisports.com selects an Elite Team of about 30 top age group and professional triathletes. They also have an Ambassador program which has a cost of $300 attached to it.
What you get:
- Trisports.com kit.
- An initial allotment of store credit and travel/entry money.
- Pro pricing and an Incentive Program in which you win credits to make purchases.
- There are a fairly long list of obligations listed including compulsory wearing of the kit, presence at certain races and a race volunteer requirement. Many of which result in the termination of contract if broken.
- Detailed written application closes mid-October each year and the team is announced in November. Ambassador program closes November.
- I like the complexity and thoroughness of the application. It's the best application form I've seen so far as it's very clear what is expected of you as a member of the team. I've information also that you can earn plenty as an age grouper (in the thousands of $) with a combination of store credit, race reimbursement and bonus dollars. You're allowed to sell the stuff too after a year. Being a triathlon store and the flexibility on the product you're able to buy with the credits this is from reports a generous and worthwhile program. Obviously the Elite team is a competitive program to get into.