Wednesday, October 24, 2012

RunKeeper Review

RunKeeper is a website and an application that tracks your training activity. I like the interface, it's nice a clean and I like the way they show your weight right on the profile page. It does however seem to lack some of the features that make tracking websites interesting to be on.


Namely:

  • Interesting analysis of your activity (requires an upgrade)
  • Challenges. Website such as Strava and MapMyFitness offer ways to compare your results, either with segments or total mileage challenges, that offer a competitive element.

The main reason I had to give up prematurely was the fact that it doesn't allow mass uploads of your Garmin data. I have a Garmin 910XT and I don't have the patience to select each individual workout. Seems crazy they wouldn't have figured this out.

I will update this if I'm alerted of changes but for now this won't be my application of choice for uploading my exercise data.

Rating:
**

No comments: